Looking for internet banking safety tips? Before making any decisions to proceed in any online transactions or making internet banking, you should know first the following tips to protect your identity especially your bank account. Here at InvestmentTotal, it is a pleasure and opportunity to share my knowledge and experience in online banking and transactions using the internet.
One of the readers of InvestmentTotal came from United Kingdom (UK) asked “how safe is internet banking” and “how do we know if the website of the bank is really the legitimate website or not”.
I will answer the reader’s question by writing here in this page. Some people are taking advantage of the usage of the internet. They don’t want hassles and stress when buying things, shopping and even looking for their savings and credit card balances and dues online.
It is good to do an internet banking, but make sure you are safe, it is risky to put your information online such as name, address and phone number in social media sites that doesn’t require money, therefore, it is much risky that you entrust your personal information including your bank account online.
To minimize the risk in internet banking, here are the safety guidelines I think useful and it makes really sense, this page will going to teach you not only to protect your identity online but also teach you how to make your money safe while making a banking activities online.
Top 8 Internet Banking Safety Tips
1. Make sure the website is a legitimate website by checking the “website information”.
2. Do not give your personal information online unless you are sure that the official website of the bank is the legitimate one. Be careful of the fraud or cloned websites.
3. Protect your email that you used in internet banking, change your email password once a week or once a month or choose a password that is not easy to guess.
4. When making an online banking using your bank account, provide only the necessary information such as name, address, phone number, or bank account if necessary.
5. Double check the emails you received before visiting any links, some hackers are using phishing emails to cheat your money on the internet.
6. If you can’t log on to the website using a correct password, request a new password using your email, if it will not work, call the customer service immediately to resolve the issue.
7. Do not compromise your personal information especially password, bank account and PIN number.
8. If you found your online account has been hacked, report it immediately to avoid losing of money. The hacker might transfer your funds into his funds. So be careful, protect your money by doing this internet banking safety tips.
If you have any problems encountering when making transactions online, call immediately the bank related to your account to help you doing a successful transactions.
See other related articles: Chase Online – JP Morgan Chase Online , Wells Fargo Online – Wells Fargo Online Banking Features and Benefits, How to Log In in American Credit Express Online?
As I’ve said awhile ago, internet banking are very risky, however, you can minimize the risk if you have a certain standards or tips you are following. Do your own research and investigation before doing an any banking activities online, some things you should consider are the official website of your bank, the official email of your bank, the proper procedures of internet banking related to your bank such as opening an online account, transferring funds, checking balances or paying bills.
I hope you find this internet banking safety tips useful. Consider subscribing to InvestmentTotal newsletter via email to receive instant updates. Thank you for reading.To see latest updates, like us on Facebook
SELECT AN ARTICLE TO READ NEXT BELOW:
Home » Top 8 Internet Banking Safety Tips for Beginners