Tips on how to apply a BDO Credit Card, its application requirements, documents necessary and benefits. Steps by step procedure on how to apply BDO Credit Card.
Planning to have a BDO Credit Card? Here are the requirements and benefits when applying a credit card in BDO. If this is your first time, try to make a quick review about the dangers of having a credit card and have time to think which card is suited for you, high limits or low limits.
If you are 21-34 years old, your limits must be P15,000 to P34,000. For age, 34-45 years old, P35,000 to P100,000 will be fine, but for the people aged 45 and above, they can get as high limits amounting to P100,000 and above.
Why Do You Need a Credit Card?
Is it for travel, shopping and entertainment? Or for emergency purposes? There is an obligation you should know in having a credit card. You better think deeply, do you really need a credit card?
There are different credit card at BDO namely, shop more, classic, gold, titanium, platinum, bench, Forever21 (Mastercard) and for Visa are Visa Classic, gold, titanium, for JCB are JCB lucky cat and JCB gold and there is also a Unionpay Gold. For American Express®, there is blue, gold and platinum, Cathay Pacific and Cathay Elite credit card.
Benefits of BDO Credit Card
It is great to get a lot of benefits in a specific banks offering a credit card, this time let us talk about BDO credit card and its benefits. Aside from 24/7 customer service, there are also promos, discounts and rewards points to be given away for card holders, a maximum of 50% limit in cash advance is also a great benefits and a interest rate for as low as 3%.
BDO Credit Card Qualifications
Are you qualified enough to have a BDO credit card? If you are a Filipino citizen or a permanent resident with a minimum of 2 years. A principal cardholders must be 21 to 70 years old while the supplementary should at least 13 years old.
Must be regular employee or a business owner (proprietor) wherein the business is in 2 years operation.
A minimum of P240,000 gross fixed annual income is required. You should also have at least one land line phone to be qualified in applying a BDO Credit card. Your residential address or business address should be accessible near of any BDO branch.
Necessary Required Documents
If you want to save more time while applying a BDO credit card, you must already prepare the necessary documents before you go to any of the BDO branch and fill out an application form.
Here are the important documents you must prepare before going to the bank;
I. For applicants with existing credit card/s in BDO or other banks
- Recent credit card charge slip or most recent credit card statement of account.
- Photocopy of the front portion of other credit card
- Photocopy of at least one (1) valid photo-bearing identification document front and back issued and signed by an official. Click here to see the list of IDs
- Photocopy of latest BIR Form 2316 signed by employer’s authorized representative for employed applicants or photocopy of latest ITR and W4 with BIR stamp for self-employed
II. For applicants without existing credit card
1. Proof of Income
If you are employed customers, the required documents you must submit in the bank are the following:
- Photocopy of latest BIR Form 2316, signed by employer’s authorized representative
- Submit any one (1) of the following which can be optional
- Original copy of Employment and Income (COEI) indicating status, length of service and compensation breakdown
- Photocopy of latest full month pay slip
For self-employed applicants:
- Photocopy of Registration of Business Name
For Single Proprietorship issued by DTI
For Partnership/Corporation issued by SEC
- Photocopy of ITR for the last two (2) years and W4 and BIR/Bank Stamp
- Audited Financial Statements for the last two (2) years
- Bank Statements for the last three (3) months which is optional
2. Proof of Identification such as billing statements (utility bills, telephone bills, government ID with photo)
III. Documentary Requirements for Foreigners
- Copy of employment contract or certificate of employment
- Letter from the Embassy (if Embassy Official)
- Submit photocopy of any one of the following:
- Valid passport with resident Visa
- Work permit and valid visa
- Special investor’s resident visa and visas issued by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority or visa with E0226
- ACR or ICR or ICR-I
Steps on How to Apply a Credit Card in BDO
Make sure you filled out the credit card application form neatly. Just write N/A if unnecessary or not applicable. Avoid erasures and complete every details that required to answer, in your personal information such as name, address, and birthday, your work and personal trade and references.
Actually you can apply online, just go to their official website, then choose credit card, forms and brochure and go to “application forms”. That’s it, wait for the confirmation or the know your application status via online.
Going back to our topic, after you have filled out the application form, simply pass your form to the any of the bank staff and wait for them to assist you. Ask questions about BDO credit cards so that you may understand everything especially when you got your bill information.
References: BDO Banco de Oro
Disclaimer: Logos, trademarks and business name are owned by their respective companies.
Photo Credit: BDO Credit Card
Questions Regarding BDO Credit Card Promos
You have to use your privilege in having a credit card especially in BDO, there are promos and rewards to be given away that can be found in the list of “Credit Card Philippines“.
SELECT AN ARTICLE TO READ NEXT BELOW:
Home » BDO Credit Card | Application Requirements, Benefits of BDO Credit Card