Here is the simple guide related to scams and fraud. This page is very useful for anyone who is looking for an investment opportunity online, work from home jobs on the internet, lottery information online and for those people seeking for “getting rich quick” tips to avoid getting scammed.
Do you want to know how to prevent on getting scammed? Do you want to know how to spot the frauds and scams on the internet that offers different investment opportunities? In an online world, you need to be smart enough to classify every investment offers.
Don’t get me wrong, some of investment offers are legitimate and some are just scams. Also, some offers may give you an opportunity to earn a good living while using your computer. One of the most famous offers we always heard online are;
- Invest now and get rich tonight
- This work from home jobs can make you millionaire after 5 months
- Find out how I earned $789,101.12 in just three months online
- Do you want to get a luxury car, join us now!
- Learn how can you buy your mansion easily in just a minute
Don’t Get Lured to Any Investment Offer
Those are just examples of “wow” lines. Wow lines are luring. Don’t believe to any luring offered by many people on the internet. Just think about it. Would you believe me if I will ask you to join me in my business and overnight you will earn $100,000? Of course not.
What if I will tell you I can make your dreams come true, I will give you a luxury car and a mansion once you join me within 3 months? But, you should give me $300 every month as membership fee.
High Interest are Risky
If someone told you to invest with him and make your money to earn 200% per week, make sure you study it first, otherwise, it is really a scam.
A good investments are those offered by a company that registered in securities and exchange commission. And one of the thing you should consider is the interest. I good rule of thumb is at least 7% per year, if it’s higher than that, think about it carefully.
Scams and Fraud Warnings
From time to time, we publish examples of scams and frauds that we received via email. All you need to do is to visit this archives page: Scams and Frauds to see the latest post about this category.
As a take home tips on how to get scammed, here are the simple ideas;
- Make sure the investment offers is not too good to be true.
- Check the company if it listed in the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commissions), those listed in SEC are the ones who has the right for financial and investment offers.
- Getting scammed is easy especially if you trying to get rich overnight. Avoiding scam is common sense.
- Always remember the rule of thumb about ROI (return on investment); a 7% interest rate per year is reasonable while 200% per week might lead you to financial disaster.
For more information, always visit InvestmentTotal.com to get the latest tips and tricks on how to spot financial investment scams.