Looking for President Rodrigo Duterte latest news? On June 30, 2016, the well-known and outstanding Mayor (for me he is) will become the 16th President of the Philippines.
There are many people (including me) voted President Rodrigo Duterte last presidential election. Some people don’t want his attitude. Some people feel bad about his winning. But, of course many Filipinos are still happy about the result of the elections.
Many Filipinos believe that President Rodrigo Duterte will be the solutions for the Philippine progress. His three main objectives are “eliminate crimes, drugs and corruption”. While me and my friends are talking about President Duterte when we first saw and heard him on TV screen, I told my friends that “he is a real guy”, “the real deal of the Philippines”.
Because in my entire life, I didn’t hear any politicians saying bad words in front of a camera. Imagine that, millions of people not only the Filipinos but also foreign people are watching him.
In my opinion, the reasons why he is saying bad words is because he is really very angry to corrupts and drug addicts. He can’t control his emotions. For me, I understand that. We should not judge him by the way he speaks or the way he tell a joke or a story. We should judge him for his accomplishments. I am very happy because Filipinos gave him a chance to prove his sincere nationalism.
President Rodrigo Duterte: Let’s Fix This Country
President Rodrigo Duterte once said “Let’s fix this country”. In his campaign, I remember he is handling the Philippine flag. For me that’s also a sign he is serious. He touched my heart when he said “I have enough retirement funds and enough savings for my family… even If I didn’t won in this candidacy, still I can live peacefully”.
President Rodrigo Duterte is not “politics centered”. He knows his calling. His mission and he is trying to prove something. Let’s wait for that something. The big changes. Only President Duterte has the heart and passion in fixing this country. He deserve to be the President of the Philippines.
President Rodrigo Duterte Biography
President Rodrigo Duterte was born on March 28, 1945 in Maasin ( the capital city of Southern Leyte, Philippines). He is also know for his nickname “Digong”. A popular Mayor in Davao, a lawyer and a politician. His spouse from 1973 to 2001 was Elizabeth Abellana Zimmerman and the former partner is Honeylet Avanceña.
President Rodrigo Duterte children are Sara Duterte, Paolo Duterte, Veronica A. Duterte and Sebastian Z. Duterte and his siblings are Jocelyn Duterte, Blue Boy Duterte, Benjamin “Bong” Duterte.
Popular President Rodrigo Duterte Quotes
Terror Leader with a Reasons
“A leader must be a terror to the few who are evil in order to protect the lives and well-being of the many who are good.”
Willing to Sacrifice
“I could make this sacrifice if only to save this country from being fractured.”
Common Sense Governance
“I don’t have the brilliance of Ferdinance Marcos, the smartness of Fidel V. Ramos or the eloquence of Miriam Defensor Santiago. All that I can offer the Filipino people is a good heart and common sense. Governance after all is just pure common sense.”
“When I said I’ll stop criminality, I’ll stop criminality. If I have to kill you, I’ll kill you… Yes, of course, I must admit I have killed. 3 Months early on, I killed what – 3 people?”
Filipinos will Live in Paradise
“I don’t care if I burn in hell for as long as the people I serve live in paradise.”
Meeting Filipino Expectations
“Just like Marlon Brando, I did it because it was my job. I did it not for my own glory. But because that was what the people expected me to do.”
He is Observant
“Our young men are presently too preoccupied with texting, Facebook, and other social media diversions that they don’t even know how to handle a rifle like we used to during our time.”.
“There are things in life that would move a man, a citizen, to do something even if he doesn’t enjoy it.”
President Duterte in Business
“I will ensure law and order so that business may thrive under a climate of peace, predictability and prosperity.”
Problem in the Government
“The problem with us in government is that we talk too much, act too slow, and do too little, don’t we? What the country needs is not more laws but more good men in public service.”
Change is Coming
“I will change this country even if it will cost me my life.”
President Rodrigo Duterte Should Be Address Properly
I mean it. Let’s respect our President. Here’s how to properly address the President.
- Show respect and give respect. You can call him Mr. President, My President or the Philippine President. In Tagalog, you can use the word “Pangulo”. You can address Him, Sir or Mr. President.
- Do not use his nickname “digong”. I read some nicknames while I am browsing the internet. Some people address him “PDuts” and “Dutertz”. Again, please give respect. The other nation will not respect our President if we Filipinos don’t give respect.
- Whether you’re angry or not. Favored or not, respect is a must.
The newscasters, celebrities, bloggers and writers should be a good role model in this matter. They are the one who always heard by many Filipinos and other people.
Things I Remember During His Campaign
He said that the corruption will stop from government employees if he will raise their salaries. Policemen, teachers, etc. I agree with that.
Related: How to Stop Corruption in the Government
An ordinary government employee can perform his duties well if he is receiving high salaries. It doesn’t mean that teachers, policemen and other government employees aren’t doing their job well because they are receiving small amount. Believe me, I have seen a lot of government employees who are dedicated and committed to perform their duties.
But, why they still need high salaries? Imagine a government employees receiving P18,000 per month. How come he can live decently with that amount? The water bills, electric bills, tuition fees, children allowances, food, clothing, transportation, and sometimes medicines.
Reminder: Change is Coming, Now What?
Change will only come if you start changing yourself. Also, as a reminder. Don’t blame the President if you are poor. Do something to succeed financially. Do something to have a better life. Whoever will be the President, if you are lazy, nothing would happen. You will stay the same.
List of Things I Want My President Should Do
- Stop government corruption immediately.
- Eliminate crimes and make every road a safe place.
- Inserting entrepreneurship and personal finance in education system.
- Reminding every Filipinos the importance of patriotism.
- Do something about environmental protections.
- Do something about land and aquatic animal protections.
- Raise salaries and stop contractual job.
- I am not against “death penalty”, so be with it as long as it will become beneficial to majority.
- If a foreign drug syndicates arrested in the country, charge him/her for penalty for about $1,000,000 and use those charges to build houses and shelter for street beggars.
- Stop political dynasty.
- Stop naming the projects or giving credits to government projects as if the funds was came from the congressman, governor or mayor’s pocket.
- Improve transportation (traffic will waste a lot of time), telecommunications (high cost but slow internet).
- Give good hospitalization for every Filipinos especially for senior citizens.
- Provide high quality service from all government agencies.
- Provide faster and right justice not just for the rich and for poor Filipino people as well.
- Arrest the street beggars and bring them in a safe community and give proper care. No street children or beggars in the Philippines.
- Schedule mining, fishing and cutting of trees. I hope there will be a Tree Month, Fish Month and Land month.
- I just wish the government will buy as many land properties for poor and don’t let the land developers turn the whole Philippines into a city. We still need to cultivate land, am I right. You can’t eat your cars, houses and gates.
So, what about you? What can you say about President Rodrigo Duterte? Let me know your thoughts and opinions about this topic. Also, if you want to add information or latest news about our President, feel free to use the comment box below.